Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fruit Salsa

FRUIT SALSA with CINNAMON CHIPS
To be honest I didn't really follow the recipe as far as the amount of fruit that was put in. I just sort of put in what I had and what I thought sounded good. It just took a lot longer than I thought because I wanted the fruit to be chopped up really small so it really resembled salsa.

SALSA
4 kiwis, peeled and diced
1 fuji apple, cored, peeled and diced
1 pound of strawberries, diced
2 white peaches, cored, peeled and diced
1 mango, cored, peeled and diced
1 tsp white sugar
1 tsp brown sugar
3 TBSP simply fruit raspberry preserves

*Combine everything and mix it all up. Simple enough, right? I really liked the apples and peaches for the crunch.


CINNAMON CHIPS
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
1 C white sugar
2 TBSP cinnamon

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a gallon sized freezer bag and mix it up. Spray both sides of each flour tortilla and cut into small triangles. Throw those in the bag and shake it up. Spread out onto ungreased cookie sheet until cookie sheet is full. Do not over lap chips. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool about 10 minutes. They will crisp up a little after they have cooled. Serve with chilled fruit salsa. SO YUMMY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment