Monday, July 2, 2012

Indoor S'mores

INDOOR S'MORES
I love these. They don't taste much like s'mores to me, but they sure are tasty. It's hard to stop eating them!

8 C Golden Grahams cereal
5 C miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 C milk chocolate chips (I used semi sweet this time and it was still yummy)
1/4 C light corn syrup
5 TBSP butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C miniature marshmallows

*Measure cereal in a large bowl. Butter a 9x13 baking dish. In a large microwavable bowl, microwave 5 C marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter uncovered for 2-3 minutes stirring after every minute until melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and toss around until completely coated. Stir in 1 C marshmallows and press evenly into prepared pan. Let stand uncovered at least 1 hour or refrigerate if you prefer a firmer bar. I always put mine in the fridge for a bit because I can't wait to eat it! (I made these again using milk chocolate chips and it was much better and it did taste more like s'mores)

No comments:

Post a Comment