Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sticky Bun Bars

 STICKY BUN BARS
This is the first time I tried these and I really liked them. I made them for breakfast, but they were a treat that I would make again any time of day. I also messed up a couple things and it still turned out great.

1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix
1/3 C melted butter
1 TBSP milk
2 eggs
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1/3 C melted butter
3/4 C chopped pecans
1/3 C caramel topping
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl beat cake mix, 1/3 C butter, milk, and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute or until blended. Spread evenly in pan. Bake 8 minutes (I somehow didn't read this when I was making it and skipped this direction). Meanwhile in medium bowl, mix brown sugar, 1/3 C butter, pecans, caramel topping and cinnamon. Pour over partially baked crust.


Before going in the oven.

Bake about 23-25 minutes longer. It will still be jiggly in the center, but it will set up once cooled. Cool completely before cutting.

Out of the oven. Cooling.

I didn't bake the crust and I also forgot to add the cinnamon and I thought it was still really good. I might try it with cinnamon next time, but I thought it turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment